Once dogs have passed the Level 1 – Beginners Group Course, they will have mastered the basic training skills and move forward to more challenging commands and will become an even better companion.
This course is every Saturday, except for rainy days or holidays, approximately 1-hour per class and has no beginning or end date. Price is $25.00 per class.
For dogs that have not trained with Your K9 Trainer, evaluations are available to confirm whether your dog can attend Level II.
Exercises to be covered in class, but are not limited to the following:
- Hand Signals – the dog pays attention to your hands for obedience commands
- Motion exercises such as Sit, Down, Stand
- Recall – the act of calling your dog to come and always expecting them to respond. Teaches your dog to come to you while being distracted.
- Drop on a Recall – call the dog, runs to you, you tell it to Down, after it downs then you call it to you again
- Food Refusal – not to eat food from strangers.
- Out of Site or “Proofing” – dog stays in a sit or down position while you are able to walk away, while they stay in position for a longer duration or period.
- Finish in Heel – train your dog to finish and return into a heel position next to you.